Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Layout, New Directions

Blogger made this new layout, which has made it a lot easier to... keep track of your blog. In my case, there isn't much to keep track of because I write this mainly for myself, and a few friends that I know read my little musings. They  have this page where you can track your pageviews and stuff... and yesterday, I had 31 views! Who the heck reads my blog? I can count 3, maybe 4 that do regularly. Where do the other 27 come from, then? This feels like a Julie/Julia moment where Julie finds out just how many people read her food blog.

Yesterday was my friend's birthday and international-tuition-paid-off-day... there was a whole lot of alcohol, $120's worth of meat, a lot of start-up idea talk, a lot of toasting, and a very entertaining (albeit mean, and much deserved) prank played on a friend who is consistently and unabashedly late. Yesterday was also the last day another friend would spend in her apartment... there was a whole lot of alcohol, a lot of singing, a whole lot of brushing-on-sexual contact (most of it exceedingly convoluted), a lot of stripping, a big sleepover, and a night filled with laughter. I am so proud of my friends, who are looking towards the future and building something new in their lives... a tad jealous, but my situation, as is most people's, is of my own making. Slower as I may be, I will one day be there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment