I just realized something I really dislike about Tumblr. It enables the things that each of us finds cool to become viral almost instantaneously, without much thought to its true meaning. Something that someone was really passionate about in either writing or creating is diluted down to a "Hey, this looks cool I'm gonna repost it." It's essentially the same as "liking" something in order for someone to say they will donate money to a charity for you liking what they are doing. It's meaningless.
You hear that, people? Reblogging, reposting, liking, it's meaningless. It only means something on the internet, on this little bubble of a community you have created to make yourself feel special because the real world with real people is too barren to deal with. If you really care about the shit you reblog and like on Tumblr, do something about it. Why should anyone take you seriously if it's essentially an empty picture? Practice what you preach.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment