Your favorite Tumblrs.
This isn't Tumblr. Next!
Your views on mainstream music.
Mainstream music in America today is... formulaic. I was sitting in my friend's car on the way to Mitsuwa today when an old song by (Usher?) came on... and I layered Wondergirl's Nobody to it. Fit in perfectly. What. It's either that or it's about clubbing and sex and... yeah. Made for dancing in a club. If you call grinding dancing. Anyway, sometimes a real jewel gets thrown into mainstream, but I haven't seen it in a while. Nice beat.
On another level, if K-pop is put in the same category as mainstream music, which my friends in China would certainly do, it's addicting. I don't know what formula they use, but the singing and dancing and general catchiness of every single hit is just... unparalleled. Hallyu wave indeed. Then I remember just how much though really has to go into these songs and get disenchanted. And dance the dance, cuz they're just fun to dance to.
I'll be going back to Brahms now.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment