Sometimes I hate being the older sister. Sometimes I hate being the older sister to someone who for all intents and purposes will never be a functioning member of society. And no matter what I do, it's too mean, it's not what a sister would do, it's too little, it's too much. And I hate being blamed for it. I hate being called a bad sister. Who else has a special needs sibling with parents who don't care enough? What the fuck am I supposed to do? I'm not supposed to teach him that a prescription means you need to get it filled, and that you need to take this much this many times a day and with what. That's not my job. I feel I already did my job by notifying a parent that if he didn't take antibiotics he'd get an infection. Does anyone care? Is it my job to educate all the stupid people in my life when they won't even listen, but only care about the end means? Most people don't care about the why; they just ask it so they get an answer they don't care about, but they want the answer just so they can feel inquisitive, smart. They just want there to be a reason, doesn't matter what it is.
Why am I getting in trouble for not coddling my brother?
Why does it have to be my fault that my brother is too stupid to have any common sense, and that my parents didn't care enough when he was younger to teach him to survive in a society where people like him have no value?
Why am I the bad sister?
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment