Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oh, Brother

I was very upset earlier, and took it out on my mother and brother. Because, I'm so worried. I'm worried about my brother and how he's going to turn out, and I can only do so much and I feel so helpless. And I can't talk to anyone about it. No one wants to hear about your problems, no one wants to feel badly, or useless. And few understand. You can sympathize, but empathizing is harder. To contact someone who I know can support me through this isn't an option. And it is so easy for me to help other people, to take care of a friend's cat, to bring a friend to the airport, to support support and support every meltdown and instance of self-doubt, but I can't help my brother. It's like being stuck in a well with a person who is smaller than you, but just barely and they can't swim. You can swim and you're trying your hardest to keep them afloat but they're so heavy. And you're screaming for help, but no one is hearing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment