How important you think education is.
I'm college-educated, probably have the ability to get a Masters and/or PhD if I really put my mind to it, and I still think the education system is flawed. You have stupid people going to good schools because they bought their way there. I grew up in a city where the average household salary is $100,000 and kids got tutors and after-school classes to get them better grades. Kids are masters at cheating and get into top-notch schools. SAT classes, AP classes, all these little extra classes, clubs and activities to make the rich kids more well-rounded for college. And now, I'm told that your connections are important. Possibly more important. America is starting to turn into China, where the average pessimist college graduate laments that they will never find a job because they are not well-connected or rich.
I think we'd be smarter if we used the Socratic method of teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment