Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fresh Mimolette

I went to Whole Foods today to get some mimolette cheese, a small luxury. However, I noticed that the mimolette wedges they had out were a bit... old-looking. The labels on them dated from the beginning of August. And... was that water on the cheese?! I picked up a half-round and asked the cheese lady for a quarter pound. She asked me if there were any wedges already out, and I said that there were, but they were all two weeks old. She then told me that they should be fine, there's nothing wrong with them. I protested, saying that I wanted freshly-cut cheese. So she sighed, and asked me how much I wanted.

I don't think that lady has been working for Whole Foods very long... or has a lot of knowledge of cheeses... there was condensation all over the cheese...

And I got fromager d'affinois ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment