Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sanctimonious

I remember that I used to be very elitist. I thought I was better than a lot of other people and that I deserved a certain amount of respect. I later found out that I was nothing. I sucked. I was still a bit elitist, but what primarily changed was that I didn't think that I was better than other people anymore. You are never better than anyone else. You have something to learn from everyone, whether or not it's a study habit or imperviousness to criticism or neverending forgiveness. You can never tell someone how to live their life; your own life carries equal weight. So, this "I am morally superior to you" attitude? Telling the world off for their sins? It's not gonna get you any more people to champion your personal cause. It's only going to drive people away. Because you are also a sinner.

Hm. It sounds like I'm saying what a lot of my Christian friends have been saying for years... I suppose just me posting about this characteristic makes me one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment