Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Makeup

Someone once told me that I would look so much hotter if I wore makeup. That I'm one of the few million people in the world whose natural beauty would be enhanced by makeup, not camouflaged by it.

I appreciate makeup. I really do. I like how when I put on eyeliner, my whole face looks different, and that bronzer reduces my chin a little. I like how I can make myself look like a sex addict, then turn around and play sweet little virgin. But you know... people hardly notice my makeup. What they notice is my skin. And how even it is.

Makeup is like a necessary evil. It is so fun to play with, to mix the colors... give yourself blue lips and green shadow that makes your eyes look purple. But, it is expensive and time-consuming. I would rather spend the extra 10-30 minutes sleeping. I would rather go makeup-free because my skin prefers no extra layer of chemicals on its surface. My skin is nice because I wear makeup sparingly. I'd say, once a week.

So, will I wear makeup tomorrow? Most definitely. But the day after that, and the day after that? Too much work. Too much worry about me forgetting that I'm wearing makeup in the first place and smudging everything. Too much primping. And I like my bed. Especially today, since it was raining so wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment