Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Gotta Feeling

Today in my friend's car, "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas came on. It reminded me of my time in China. While I didn't go out very often, when I did go dancing, drinking, clubbing or whatever other debauchery I partook in, it was fun. I remember dancing at 屯, no inhibitions. I remember everyone around me who was dancing the same way, not giving a fuck about what others thought of them or how they danced. I remember the pure joy that came from just having a good time. I remember Portugal, who, despite all her nasty qualities that I've blogged about so much, is just a fun person to be around. I remember the Canadians, the Koreans, the Italians, the fellow Americans who all got together to have a good time together. I may have been a little too serious, but I'm glad I let myself go enough to retain these memories. So today, while that song was playing, I looked out the window, smiling through the whole song, reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment