Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 17

Your highs and lows of this past year.

April 2010 - April 2011...

Low: Being in a land where you only understand 10% of what people are saying and you literally don't know anyone. It's exciting. It's intimidating. Very few people can handle it.
High: For what I expected, a nearly perfect performance.

Low: Disillusionment with the people in your life.

High: Seeing how happy your mother is after so many years of sadness.

Low: People clustered together right from the start because they were too scared of being alone. It took me longer because I wasn't there from day one.

High: Finding my center in the end, and making bonds with people I will never forget.

Low: Every time I'm reminded of the position I'm in, the duties that I have to fulfill someday, the kind of person I have to be. Obligation and straightjackets.

High: Losing sleep over the possibilities explored; beautiful music, lush harmonies, voices and instruments all melding into one supreme orb that encases the heart with warmth and emotion.

Low: Every time I sit at the piano and have no idea what the fuck to do.

High: Seeing teamwork and bonds between people being created; seeing the fruits of your labor.

Low: Being rejected by people because of my ethnic appearance.

High: Experiencing beauty every day - in-tune harmony, a spider web, the golden ratio in everything, the perfect temperature breeze, chilly rainy days, thunder, smiles from people who have nothing, metropolitan subways, street performers, beach days with friends, flying, green grasslings, breath vapor, ant funeral, effort, humility, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment