Sunday, April 3, 2011

And another thing...

I'm kind? That's a word I'd never use to describe myself. I don't find the things I do to be particularly humanitarian or things that no one else would do. I can understand the logic behind the arguments people have given me as to why it's kind, but I don't understand why it would be considered kind in relation to me. Perhaps it's because it's innate. I saw my friend's roommate come home and it looked like something wrong, so I checked on her and comforted her. The Japan booth needed help making paper cranes. I'm in an a cappella group, giving up time to think about, go to and plan rehearsals and events. But I'm not the only one doing that. I don't get paid. But we do it because we love it, because it's an activity that makes us feel good, not because it's financially beneficial. It has nothing to do with being kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment