Wednesday, February 9, 2011

K-Pop

I felt like dedicating a post to 2NE1. Who, with Brown Eyed Girls and more recently, miss A, may be the only Korean girl groups I have any respect for. I like Brown Eyed Girls because they didn't hide anything; if it was sexual, it was f-ing sexual. Sexy and damn proud of it. I like miss A cuz... for being a "rookie" group, their lives are impeccable. Fei's rolling around on the floor and it doesn't affect her pitch at all. Damn. Anyway.

When SNSD came out with "Visual Dreams," I actually thought it was pretty cool. Standard pop song, but they featured other members this time, Sunny and Seohyun. And I liked the way Taeyeon sang "beating of my heart." Then this came out.

So, the reason I like 2NE1 so much. Their songs have none of this crap in them:

"One Two Three Four Wow, this thrilling, tingling feeling
One Two Three Four, I already want you
One Two Three Four, I want to tell you all my honest feelings
Yes, oh, come come come to my sweet, moist lips
Tic Tac Toe, oh, I’ve dizzily, deeply fallen [and melted] for you
...
Don’t hesitate my love, get into my core"

What the fuck? They're just smiling like they have no idea what they're singing, like it just sounds nice like it did for me until I read that post. Tiffany and Jessica (The Americans) surely cannot be so dumb that they don't understand the insinuated meaning of the Korean and English lyrics strung together: Fuck me hard. It is such a misfortune that their maknae sang that line. But of course, only dirty Americans would ever come up with such crass ideas. Cuz this is an Intel commercial!

...

Some other songs by other girl groups with similar lyrics...
"Like the First Time" by T-ara
"Back It Up" by Jewelry
"Mister" by KARA
"Supa Dupa Diva" by Dal Shabet
"Bo Peep Bo Peep" by T-ara


I only recently (within the last 6 months) got into K-pop. My not very thorough and biased analysis of these songs is that they are all catered to men, to please men and stroke their egos, that they present women as shy, sexual but innocent creatures. Asians act this way cuz we're told to, conditioned to, that it's so much hotter to blush and pretend to be innocent while walking around in a skirt that almost shows our cooch with 4-inch heels. Heck, I act like that sometimes. Seeing the way guys here act, I can only imagine the vortex of confusion that is the Korean male mind, seeing that this is what they are being given. I want to get off watching these girls practically moan in my face and I'm a girl. So, although I am disgusted with what I hear about guys in Korea, I understand why so many of them are total pigs.

Here's 2NE1. I have yet to find any submissive man-stroking in their translated lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment