Monday, February 7, 2011
Investments
I just realized something that really upsets me. It's a bit paradoxical.It upsets me when I put so much effort into something only to get less than half return. There are two views that seem logical to me. One is that you get as much as you put in. This is true in theory, but what's more sensible is that you shouldn't expect anything from what you put in. But, you deserve a positive outcome. What's the point of trying so hard if it's more likely you'll never benefit from it? If you expect so much though, you'll always be disappointed. It's hard for me to stop caring. But I get hurt by caring. I get hurt when I put all my love and energy into making a cake and I feel like I could have just bought one from Albertsons and gotten the same response. I get hurt when I make food and plan healthy but delicious meals and get told that there's nothing to eat so McDonalds it is. I get hurt when I spend so much time writing a song and others treat it as if I just pulled it out of my ass. I know that it's foolish to ever expect anything out of people, but it's so sad to not have faith in humanity. It hurts to never have hope, but it hurts when you always get let down.
Posted by
杏怡
at
10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment