Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mohammed

After I came back from 五道口, I didn't really feel like doing my homework right away (being tipsy from a half shot of tequila and some beer, like always) so I took my stuff and went down to the lobby to buy water and hang out. Mohammed was there and being a little less inhibited than normal... surprisingly, that's usually all it takes if I think someone is cute enough... I decided to just say hi and sit down and flirt. With him and his fellow Russian-speaking friends. And also cuz I was a little less inhibited than usual I made a point to half-whisper to one of his friends that I initially approached him cuz I thought he was pretty cute, half-Asian sort.

Some background, before Russia was Russia, it was the Soviet Union, so all members of the Soviet Union had to know Russian. Therefore, a lot of the countries surrounding Russia know Russian, therefore, Mohammed and his friends, although being Tajik and Kazakh, know how to speak Russian. Go figure.

So apparently he had been drinking too and for some reason he started walking around and then started hanging near the elevators which I interpreted to be a hint for "I want to ditch my friends and be alone with you." Bingo. In the elevator, before the doors closed, one of his Kazakh friends came and started talking about something, and it became very clear that he (Mohammed) wasn't interested in what his friend had to say at all. I don't remember much of the conversation, but I remember him talking about something, and holding onto my hand, asking me to call him a Tajik, to which I replyed, "Yes... you're from Tajikstan." He repeated the same question over and over again, though, which made me think this had more to do with his having to speak Russian in order to communicate with other former USSR countries in addition to the one bonafide Russian dude they were also hanging out with. So I said "You are a Tajik," and he hugged me and kissed my cheek and said "I love you" and we held hands on the way back to my room.

After I opened the door to my room, however, he ushered me back out and went to close the door, causing my French roommate to give me a brief ~_o glance. He then asked me if he could kiss me, to which I offered my left cheek, to which he kissed before moving to my lips and, I, feeling that I was making out with a camel, gave him a slight push and said "Ok, that's enough for tonight, good night!" and took my two liters of mineral water from his hand and reopened and closed the door behind me. And wiped my lip. And spit a little out. And wiped my lip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment