Sunday, June 20, 2010

I like AA whaaaat!?

In the past, I've written American Apparel off as a hyper-sexed up Fruit-of-the-Loom company with a massive hipster following, but with awesome basic t-shirts. There's plenty of evidence to support that the companies values are less than chaste. Then again, who said they had to be saints, and I suppose that evens out the playing field; blowjobs for a sweatshop-free community. I also dislike the general clientele and the less-than-friendly employees. Going into the stores is not fun if unless you're just people-watching. I find most of their clothing unnecessarily provocative and expensive for the subpar quality of materials other than cotton. I don't like their ads that have girls rubbing their clits, about to come while the block print letters next to them say "pantytime." So, if I buy your underwear, I'll come from the pleasure of wearing those panties? I think they'd attract more customers with conventional marketing. Just my two cents.

But onto the point of this post: the title. I like bike shorts; at least the ones my mother gave me a few years back. They're really comfy. So, I set out to find a few more pairs to wear everywhere, because my body looks awesome in them too. They exist, but in places that make it very hard to purchase, which brings me to another tangent: why is that all of the discount "department" stores - Kohls, Ross, Marshalls - lack smaller sizes? I don't see a lot of fat people shopping there in this area, so why are all the clothes L, XL and XXL? If there is less demand of larger clothing, shouldn't you be stocking smaller clothing to fit the clientele of the area? I was at the fitness clothing section in Kohls and I found one "small" pair of pants. They didn't even fit me. All the bike shorts were XL. There were 6 XLs. Bike shorts can't be that popular. I digress.

Anyway, I Googled "bike shorts cotton" and lo and behold American Apparel pops up. And Danskin. I didn't even know American Apparel would bother with bike shorts, seeing as they're not very provocative. But there they were. And in different colors too. So, when I have free time in the coming days I shall be visiting American Apparel, holding my breath so as to not breathe in the aura of the oxymoronic hipsters around me, to see if their bike shorts pass the test. If they do, they shall win back some of the respect they lost from me when I found out about all that controversy. And Sasha Grey.

By the way, this is what I mean by hyper-sexed.

Kyung
YanYan

I wonder if I could be an AA model and make tons of money; then again, I heard they keep non-US citizen models in a basement. But that's just what I heard. Amongst a lot of other creepy things. I swear horny girls just take pictures of themselves half-naked in AA clothing and send them in with the hope that they can be on billboards. But yeah. Softcore, woot! Have fun playing with yourself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment