Monday, August 20, 2012

Jobs

What I really dislike about looking for jobs these days...

  • "Assistant" isn't really entry level anymore. Funny how they say a position is entry level, yet in the requirements they ask for more than 2 years of previous experience in that specific field. Entry level is suitable for kids out of college, man. If you're not ok with less experience than that, don't say it's entry level! Unless you're looking for the few kiddos who did internships in that field in college because they already knew they wanted to go into development or something. Seriously.
  • Even worse, when "Coordinator" is listed as entry level, and then they want 3 or more years of experience.
  • At least send me an e-mail saying my resume was received. Shit.
  • Seriously, be polite and let me know that my resume is received, send a generic e-mail saying I suck, or SOMETHING. At least one company had the decency to e-mail me back and say I wasn't qualified, and thanks for applying. At least I know.
  • If a resume is about displaying your achievements in the positions your held and the cover letter is supposed to show them how great your work habits would fit them, how are you supposed to show every single time that you "work well in a fast-paced environment" and that you have "excellent written and verbal communication skills." I dont' know, I can talk. So I have decent verbal communication skills. There has not been a job posting I've looked at thus far that does not  want all the same requirements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment