Today, I woke up early to take my brother to a local community college and go through orientation, register and hopefully nab some classes even though everything is wait listed, and get him disability help. It's also that time of the month, but I luckily had my good Diva with me.
While my brother was in a classroom waiting for one of his desired classes to start, I felt a bit of a trickle and realized that it was probably time to empty Diva. However, I could not simply drive back to my apartment. I resolved to muster up the guts to just do it in the public bathroom. After all, no one would see me emptying it in the stall, right?
Turns out, this is probably the biggest drawback to the Diva, unless you have absolutely no shame. I have a little bit of shame. After emptying out Diva and trying to stuff it back in, she slipped out of my hands, rolled on to the floor and out of the stall, right against the feet of a girl standing in front of the mirror, doing her hair. She looked down curiously at what had just nudged her feet.
That's right, my DivaCup, all nice and slimy.
Did she scream? Did she throw up? Did she retch?
Amazingly, she didn't. She simply stared at it wonderingly, either because she knew what it was and either didn't care, or simply did not process what it was. I however, was mortified. I said "sorry" a thousand times through the stall, to which she replied, "Oh, it's ok" and kept doing what she was doing. I thought maybe she was hurrying to finish so she could get out and I could pick the Diva back up, but no, she just kept doing her hair. So, after about a minute of me, pants down, head spinning, staring at the stall wall, I decided to pick myself up, flush, and clean Diva off.
When I picked her up and went to the sink right next to calmest-girl-ever to clean Diva, she chuckled something I didn't quite hear. I chuckled back wiped my hands, and got the hell out of there.
Thank god I don't go to that college, and that it wasn't anyone I'd remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment