So apparently "Glee" is back. Or will be, shortly. I will still watch it on Hulu when it's posted, but I will expect very little. Why?
1. I'm already bored with the storylines.
2. The characters are way too angsty. It's so forced...
3. The songs all sound the same now. Bubbly and high. And white.
4. The soloists are the same people. I wanna hear someone else.
5. Jane Lynch doesn't have as much screen time as I'd like.
I miss Terri Schuester. She had a personality. She had a personality. You could actually see her struggle and hesitate and act like a real person. This is the most random Glee Club I've ever seen. This Glee Club does not represent life as it is, at all. No one can read music, just like that. Not (12?) kids from a school somewhere in Ohio. But then again, no one cares about that. It's all about the music, dude. And the... oh yeah, non-existent storylines. Rachel in love with Finn. Quinn having a baby with Puck. Emma in love with Will. Wheels in love with Asian. Gay coming out of the closet... I think I've summed up the entire show!
And what's the deal with such angsty characters? I know they're in high school, but seriously!? I also really dislike how everything turns out okay somehow. The characters are so angsty, and don't change at all according to their experiences. An emotional guy like Finn would not have suddenly decided "I'm going to be the bigger person and make sure Glee doesn't fail at sectionals with a random song I just found." He'd be all "Fuck you guys. Fuck you," and need at least a month before he'd have anything to do with Glee Club again. Have you seen how feely-feely that kid is? Thank god for Quinn. I like her character. At least she seems real. Kind of.
I appreciate their music interpretations. Halo/Sunshine was awesome. Other than the poppy solo. I don't appreciate the ... ... ... white-ness of every song. It's like white bread! White bread with butter, white bread with ham, white bread with mustard. After a while, I think goddamn, give me some rye or pumpernickel or hokkaido milk! Something else other than (Wonder) white bread! Lea Michele has an amazing voice, but I don't know if it's her own interpretation or how she was asked to sing but some of those songs... every song is bubbly and white. The way she sang some songs (in my eyes) sucked all the personality and flavor out of the song. Her persona on the show sickens me. I want to strangle her every time I see her face on the (computer) screen. I feel that Rachel Berry has nothing to add to Glee, other than this constant "I am wonderful"image that gives her confidence. And then Finn. The two main characters are the ones I want to punch.
And what's with Sue Sylvester? "Glee" should be called "The Sue Sylvester Show" and feature Jane Lynch as the main character. Because, if you're like me, you don't watch "Glee" cuz it's cool and has music, you watch "Glee" because Jane Lynch is in it and takes the cake every time she is on the (computer) screen. So, I was pleasantly surprised to find this:
I love you, Sue Sylvester... Other than the time when you were forced to visit your disabled sister to show that you have a soft side. But if you show it again in another way, I won't doubt you. I just need reassurance that you do have that side of you and it wasn't just written in by the producers to prove a point.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment