Sunday, April 11, 2010

(Bad) Addicting Things

 FRIED CHICKEN
God, I love fried chicken. I don't know if it's the way the skin cooks when it's fried or the breading or the juiciness of a piece of perfectly fried drumstick. The skin is so crisp and full of flavor and the gush of juiced in your mouth as you bite into that thick piece of chicken leg meat. This thing is sinful. I don't think I've met a piece of fried chicken I didn't like. It's so bad for you. It's so delicious. Yum.

소녀시대 (GIRLS' GENERATION)
Their music is horrible. They set a bad example given the (assumed) fact that they are supposed to be role models for today's girls (their target age group is 12-18, I think???). Their lyrics and videos are overly suggestive and they commonly get the label "pedo-bait." But golly their music is addicting. It's catchy, I hate it and yet I find myself bopping to their songs and trying to imitate their quasi-slutty moves. From the many videos I've watched though, they can actually sing. They just choose not to. The ajusshis don't care about good vocals, just about how much of their butt cheek sticks out of their super-short shorts when they wiggle their asses. I don't mind, either.
       Some videos: Genie and Gee (<-- this is the really addicting one)

BAKING
I bake way too much. I make cookies, cakes, breads and they end up going stale because no one eats them and I'm too lazy to distribute them around (I feel people should come to me if they want yummy baked goods). I will start baking at 1 AM if I have the itch to make something. It is a bad habit. But it is satisfying. Doesn't it give you such happiness to look at something you made that tastes delicious? Your very first bread or tart or four-layer cake complete with filling and frosting. You feel so fulfilled, so accomplished. And it's easier than stoichiometry (I always sucked at it).

CALGEL
I hate this stuff. Do you know how expensive it is? And how beautiful your nails turn out if you get the right technician and you don't get the disgusting superlong talon or overly decorated nails? And how much money you end up spending every few weeks because it becomes a full-fledged addiction for you to get your nails done and be able to pick a different design every time with different colors and sparkles and rhinestones and 3-D nail art? Well then...

JETPENS (JAPANESE STATIONERY, REALLY)
I hate you, JetPens. Ever since I discovered you existed I've spent days looking at your products and spent over $100 on pens and stationery. I drool all the products you carry and have already planned to buy $100 worth more stuff when I get the money. Why do you do this to me? Why do you pop up just as I'm getting used to living with white-brand pens and pencils and badly-designed notebooks? Why did the Japanese have to come up with an eraser designed for people who love to use only eraser ends to erase. Why was a pencil that stays sharp engineered? Why is there a notebook with removable sheets that acts like a binder, but is a notebook? Curse you! Curse your awesome products that solve every problem for every anal person on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment