It's like people don't have a shred of musicality in them.
I stumbled upon Florence + The Machine's "Cosmic Love" and was like who the heck is this person and why am I so drawn to this song? Maybe I'm drawn to beautiful sad songs... anyway, I thought about a cappella, because I'm obsessed. So I went on YouTube. And found myself disgusted. No emotion, no sense of phrase, like... seriously?! 10 videos, all disgustingly untrue to the song's message. If you're going to arrange it to be as similar to the original as possible and not put your own spin on it to make it (well) unique, then you better do the same for the solo. But no, I get musical theatre voices belting everything in the wrong places and squeaking and shit. But, I myself can't do any better except in my head. Train more!
"A falling starr FeLL from Ur hert and la-AAAANDED in MY eyes."
Friday, June 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment