Monday, April 29, 2013

It's not you, it's me

At what point does it become obvious that the problem isn't actually you, but that it's me? When you think that everyone is an asshole? What if you don't think everyone's an asshole, but you think certain people are and they're known for being assholes and they think they're not being assholes to you, but you think they are? And really, they are?

Or maybe, is it sexism? At what point does it become clear that your views are what's holding you back and keeping you from growing? That your views are clouding your good judgement, and consequently, the others are made to drag on your cause?

I wish I knew. If I knew, I might not be biting my tongue, hesitant to speak because it could be that I'm my own problem. If it isn't me, if it's you, then what am I supposed to tell you? Especially if it's a matter of views and opinions, to which people cling so dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment