So, by some miracle, I got my period again 2 weeks after I just got my period. I'm not a person to have anything come early or late. I don't have allergies, I don't get reactions, my period never comes early. If at all, it comes late by a few days. Thusly... I freaked out. And went online to research on Google for what could be causing this. The main consensus was that an influx of cortisol in my body could induce a premature period... usually stemming from emotional stress, physical fatigue, substance abuse and eating disorders... Yeah... Um... No.
Today I was hanging out with some co-workers and one of them had downloaded an iPhone application that tracks your period... And I mentioned that my period came 2-3 weeks early. It just ended. To which, the two Cantonese girls and I started having a discussion on how that could be when suddenly, one of them clapped her hands and said, "I know why! You ate all those red dates!" This is crazy, right? No... I ate red dates and red dates are one of those Chinese foods that are 熱氣 (jit hei/re qi) when consumed... Also known as heating/fire foods. I've probably mentioned Chinese food therapy before... Anyway. So apparently, because I ate... about 4 red dates in a soup (I grow red dates in my backyard, and during the summer eat many more than 4 in one sitting... I don't get my period then, why should it be any different when I eat it after it's dried???), I made my period come early. According to the Chinese.
So... Cortisol overload, or too much 熱氣?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much about it either way. It's not in that book of things that can kill you. :)
ReplyDelete