Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sometimes... And So It Goes

Sometimes when I feel utterly disconsolate, I remember my friends who pray for me (or at least say they do). They pray for God to bring me peace, to calm the ever stormy waters of my inner psyche. At these times, I pray with all my might, pray that there might possibly be a God out there waiting for someone like me to reach out, pray for that God to release me from my pain.

Sometimes, I truly believe there is a God  (or more) watching over us. Sometimes, when I let go of my pride and "open my heart to the Lord," even if for a moment, I feel that maybe my heart is being warmed, that my anguish is melting away. Because in a world where you cannot depend on anyone forever, God is there. God will always be there for you. God will never abandon you.

Why can't I see or speak to God, then?
And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows

No comments:

Post a Comment