So... my stepsiblings... could not be further from the people I associate with. I am an artsy fartsy, incredibly dorky kind-of nerd. They are bby grls. They love Vegas, edm, clubbing, vaping, sisterhood, etc. and here I am jamming to Yuja's newest cd, toting my backpack and chatting with a cousin about his opinion on bitcoins. I'm not sure they know what a bitcoin is. We could not be more different. The only thing I've found that we've had in common is a proclivity for teen dramas like "Gossip Girl" (the greatest show of our time) and "The Vampire Diaries" and introversion.
I'd like to get to know them better, but I'm not sure how. Also I'm not sure I'd want to, considering the kind of language they use among their friends is the kind of language I detest. If we ended up becoming comfortable with each other it might become a situation where I don't approve of their lifestyle but hey step-siblings what else you gonna do?
In any case, I'm stumped. The 'rents want me to initiate conversation and get closer, and I have no fucking idea how to do that. Can they not tell my brother and I are the Asian Nerds and they are the Cool Asians?
Monday, December 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment