I went on two dates in which the two parties go to know each other through an online dating site. I'm still not entirely sure why I did it apart from my piqued curiosity and desire to not think about schoolwork for a little while.
Looking back, I purposely picked people who, aside from their higher-than-average intelligence, were definitely not the type of guy I'd usually go out with, much less look at. Both dates were fine, but I left feeling not entirely enthused about the experiences... I didn't feel a connection. I felt a compatibility (that's what these dating site algorithms look for, right?), but no pull that made me want to have another encounter.
In general, not worth my time. I'd rather be single. I'd rather be alone. I don't know how I got to this conclusion, but right now if I were to go on another date, or to date someone in general, they'd better be damn well worth my time.
Could it be that I really just do have a type that I should stick to? Out of all the people I've dated in the past, there seems to be a main factor connecting all of them that the two people I went on dates with did not have, at least outwardly.
Ah, well. My dad's right; I have no time for dating anyway. Maybe that's the only reason why I feel this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment