Thursday, March 14, 2013

To Grad Or Not To Grad

I've been accepted to two schools and rejected by one (Thanks, NYU). Waiting on one more. 90% certain I will take the offer by the one I'm waiting on. 95% certain I will rescind my application for one school since the town it's in is barren (I see no vibrant arts scene aside from in-house). Contemplating attending one even if I don't get into the one I'm waiting for. Really scared I'm not going to get into the one I'm waiting on, cuz, Ivy League yeah. Maybe I should have put together a seminar and added it to my list of stuff I've done to look good and boost my application HS-style. I don't know.

Should I go? I had a second conversation with someone on the topic who again stressed that if I left a job less than a year after starting, I might not be able to come back here and look for a job again without people remembering that. At the same time, it's not like my job is mid-high-level and hard to replace. I can think of 3 people off the top of my head who would make excellent, if not better, replacements for me. I had another conversation with someone else of the same level who urged me to screw Orange County and live out of a box as long as possible, before I start settling down with a family. Since I'm not 30 yet. I'm 85% sure I will go to a school, but the possibility that I will be looked down on for doing so is making me rethink...

No comments:

Post a Comment