Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tatcha: First Impressions

So I've been trying this new skincare line out for the past week. The company is called Tatcha, and all the bloggers who who have tried it so far have loved it. I haven't seen a single bad review. I bought their cleansing oil a while back and like it more than any other cleanser I've tried, doesn't completely get out the gunk though... Maybe I'm just being too frugal with my pumps. Oh yeah, this stuff is expensive. Really expensive. Like, La Mer expensive, without the preservatives.

I thought I'd get the sampler, try their whole basic line. It's still a little early, which is why I'm calling this first impressions, and I still have a few more days of the rice enzyme powders left (again, maybe I'm just being too frugal with everything). But... I haven't noticed a difference. I got a huge chin pimple right around the time I received and started using the sampler, and it's healing at about the same rate as it would normally, perhaps a tad faster, but other than that, my skin feels and looks the same to me.

I'm not sure if this would count as a bad review, and I like the products enough to want to give samplers out as gifts to friends for their birthday, but I don't love it. I'm not sure it's worth the price tag (yet). I love Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme lotion because of the awesome scent reminiscent of Fresh Sake, I love my Platypus BigZipXL, I love mentaiko spaghetti. I don't love Tatcha (yet). I really want to, so I don't have to do this whole thing again where I become dissatisfied with a product I'm using (the trigger this time was Skinfood's Brown Sugar Jelly Foam, it's very hard to find an Asian beauty product not loaded with preservatives) because I just like it and start searching for a better one. Maybe I just have commitment issues, or maybe I was just expecting too much. From the way beauty bloggers praised the skincare line, I was kind of expecting my pimple to disappear in a matter of days...........

1 comment:

  1. i use a bar of soap here.
    i've used all different kinds of facial cleaners from the cheapest to the (almost)most expensive and i never notice a difference. am i just inept at noticing? or maybe i just have hardy skin.

    ReplyDelete