Tonight, I will have had the opportunity to take a trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong for a week. If I had said yes, I would be packing right now. Going to the airport in about two hours. Saying farewell for the next few days as I throw my cares away and go eat and shop and sightsee and get away from the hostile political climate that is the us of a.
Instead, I made the case that I had applied to jobs and wanted to be sure I was available in the case I got an interview. Instead, I have made little progress on my job hunt. If I start taking classes I definitely cannot job hunt; I'd have to dedicate a majority of daytime (work time) to classes. My plans have been encumbered by the choices I have made and I am kicking myself every day for it. If I even get an interview, I know there are 7 others being interviewed that are just as qualified, maybe more so. I tarnished my one almost-guaranteed position by being overly honest.
I just feel so stuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment