Thursday, May 5, 2011

While It Still Stings

I understand that I am a "spoiled child." I also understand that multitudes more are more and less spoiled than I am. But, it doesn't mean I need to be lectured on how lucky I am and how someone's own daughter has to do everything herself because the mother decided not to be nice to her. It doesn't mean that I have to be not-so-subtly put down in front of my mother and a mutual friend. Yeah, I am so lucky. I paid off my own car. But that's not enough, because I don't pay for my own housing. I don't pay for everything. Because I'm a freeloader and have no idea how good I have it and I have to be put down in front of other people like that. You're welcome, lady. You're welcome for making yourself feel better at my expense because something is so lacking in your own life that when I answered that I wasn't really working (because I'm not) you pigeoned in on me as being a snooty spoiled ignorant brat. Why did I bother defending myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment