So, in a fit of nostalgia I opened a file in my document on my computer labeled "A Cappella Music." I have quite a few songs here that are 16 or so measures from being finished. Michael Bublé, Frou Frou, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rikki... why did I never finish them.
Well, the Frou Frou song I finished ("Let Go"). But I remember CDL couldn't work with it. It was too difficult, or that my writing was bad (probably because the lowest altos had a line in a baritone's range written for them). I remember going with it, then us giving up. It looks so easy when I look at it again, now. I think of the music I've arranged for VeVo and that "I See The Light," a song I arranged in a day, is much more complicated and we had it ready for a concert in less than a month. So I remember why I left, why I'm happier because I didn't want to put up with the frustration anymore. Or maybe it really sucked. But, as I listen to it, it doesn't sound like it sucks at all. It sounds good in MIDI format. Perhaps it's because I'm imagining it as if it were sung by both men and women now, because I was crazy. CDL Alto 2s were awesome.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment