I feel overwhelmed. With joy, sadness, exhilaration, longing. I didn't want it to ever end. I didn't want it to end this way. How things happen. Then, in this case, I want to send a shoutout to all the people who took the time to see me before I left even though it mostly just consisted of watching me pack and drive around like a maniac trying to get stuff done.
Chris
Daniel
Frank
Fred
Loren
Nancy
Rebecca
Tina
You are wonderful, you make my life complete. You know what you did. I love you for it. Thanks, guys.
For those of you who actually read this blog, you should read my china blog too.
Goodbye America.
On a side note, when I went to no less than two department stores to secure a last bottle of USA-made Chanel Black Satin, I received more than a few "there's two versions?" followed by a feeble attempt to seem knowledgeable after they blatantly revealed that they didn't know there were two versions of the second most popular nail polish of all time. For this reason, I should be a Chanel associate. I know more than your damn employees. For those who don't know, the French version is a black creme that you can get at the drugstore. The American version has a subtle silver shimmer that really does give the effect of a black satin ribbon. Delightful. And extinct, it seems.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment